CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Melissa's short-term goals

Hey!  So I say short-term goals because my life is going to drastically change in the next 5 weeks as I move back from living in my grandpa's house (where I tend to have to live under his jurisdiction and whatever he thinks due to no job or income) to being in Utah (where I'll have access to my checking account and have more control over what foods and activities are available).

  • Exercise:  I'm a little at a loss for this one right now.  It's been humid and over 100 degrees very frequently.  What pregnant exercises would you suggest if you have about the space of a queen bed?  And long walks on not-as-hot days.
  • Eating:  I need to eat when I'm hungry and not make myself sick and starve baby by ignoring the fact.  (I'd never think that my outright goal would be to eat more, this has never been a problem before.  Funny!)
  • Drink:  Drink 64 oz a day.
  • Sleep:  Yeah, do more of that too.
Like I said, short-term.  I think I will change these once I get to Utah, moved into an apartment, and start school.  Then it will be time for an update I think.

3 comments:

Allison said...

You should do yoga! It's the best pregnant exercise there is. Just google pregnant yoga to find out safe poses to do. And if you get strong, it makes delivery easier (or so I have read, I was too busy to exercise which I kind of regret now...)

Katie R said...

Ditto to Allie. One good exercise that I remember is to get down on your hands and knees and just arch your back, relax, repeat. It's fun! And just taking walks is good too. And kegel exercises. Or whatever they're called...

Cathryn said...

Man, I've read about Kegels, and let's just say I think I'd be really bad at them...but it does seem like a good idea! :) I love yoga too. I've heard that cat/dog thing (arch your back like you were saying, Katie) is supposed to be really good for your whole pregnancy. Other than that, I feel your pain about the heat! I have a hard time talking myself into exercising because our apartment gets up to about 83 degrees every afternoon even with the AC cranked, so I don't ever feel like exercising until later. Maybe just some walks after the sun goes down with Ryan?

Post a Comment